AM-110115 ALLEN WRENCH 1.5 X 120MM
AM-110120 ALLEN WRENCH 2.0 X 120MM
AM-110125 ALLEN WRENCH 2.5 X 120MM
AM-110130 ALLEN WRENCH 3.0 X 120MM
AM-150155 NUT DRIVER 5.5 X 100MM
AM-150170 NUT DRIVER 7.0 X 100MM
AM-190008 TURNBUCKLE WRENCH 3MM – V2
AM-190025-P MULTI SHOCK-CLAMP V2
Needle nose pliers
A few tips before you get started
- Buy a long ESC sensor cable it needs to be about 230mm if your layout is to be like mine.
- Use a good quality tyre glue for gluing the outer ring on the front diff, make sure all surfaces are flat and rough them up before gluing
- CA glue the carbon parts again I used tyre glue for this
- You need an ESC with long motor leads, if you are going to de solder make sure you use a good quality soldering iron as the temperature needs to be high
- When doing step9 and step23 make sure your inserts match up or you will have problems with a tight drivetrain.
The build itself went really well, the hardest parts were the electrics and getting them placed in saddle pack layout, the esc is a long way away from the motor so soldering long leads and long sensor cable is required. Apart from that it is a great car to build and feels very solid. Just a note on belt tension when you first assemble the car it seems tight on the small belt but I am told this will settle after running, we will see.
Was it worth the wait? HELL YEAH 🙂
Build video gallery:
Build photo gallery: